Combining the medical health sciences and sport health sciences is how we bridge the gap between human movement, biomechanics, and the injury and aging processes. View our Video Library of preferred exercises and ask your Physiotherapist practitioner for your Exercise Prescription.
Our physiotherapists are duel trained in both Physiotherapy and in Kinesiology, in both the health and sport sciences just for this reason. We understand injury, disease, and we understand aging, and the physiological processes involved in these states. We study pathology, inflammation, and the disease process as well as the biomechanics, anatomy of human movement. In addition, our kinesiology backgrounds allow us to take our practice to another level as we understand physical activity and the biomechanics of athletic movement and function. Expertise in both the medical health science and the sport health sciences allows us to treat your injuries as well as develop your physical fitness, together to help you live a healthy lifestyle.
Over 25 years of thoughtful practice, Healthfx Physiotherapy has developed strategies that will not only correct your current imbalances and injured state but will develop your body in such a way that it will perform much better and without frustration of continuously breaking down. We are a small office where practitioners are integrated. Now of course we are not all wanting to become Olympians, but there is a very valuable process to be learned from those who develop Olympians. Being strategic, knowing your goals, assess and determine the gap, and develop a personal improvement plan that utilizes bench marks to assess progress. This is the way of life for someone who is interested in living a healthy lifestyle.
Your goals may be
- reduction of pain
- improve mobility and function
- prevent injury, dysfunction, and imbalances that lead to poor function and disease
- improve cardiovascular fitness
- increase strength, endurance, and power
- increase flexibility, and joint range of motion
- correct imbalances
- improve posture and stability
- improve balance and prevent falls
- improve ability to perform a specific skill or task
- Improve core and trunk stability
- to evaluate your physical health using a musculoskeletal clinical examination, an orthopaedic assessment and a functional movement screen
- to analyze and interpret these findings and provide a physiotherapy diagnosis
- to develop a personal improvement plan with the goal to bridge the gap from where you are to where you want to be
- to making the changes in your lifestyle that are needed to reach your goals
- to put in the time that it takes for you to reach your goals,
- to let others know about your mission so that they can help you be accountable.
- to determine clinical and functional benchmarks as targets to monitor your progress with repeated evaluation of techniques and strategies being used.
- to encourage social support by recommending that you share your goals and progress with family and friends and to seek partnerships in reaching them.
- transformations come from the inside out and although your ability may have limitations based on a number of factors, your motivation will determine what you do, and your attitude will determine how well you do it.
- It is our privilege to help you transform your physical health and to help you live a physically healthy, physiologically sound, biomechanically correct, and forever a rich and developing life.